Today I’m sharing 10 tips to upgrade your bathroom plus bathroom design ideas. If you already receive my texts messages, you got the first-look!
Brian and I are so excited to start our Home Series where we share home tours, decor tips, remodels, and DIY design projects!
We moved into this home and the previous owners did a beautiful job, but it wasn’t quite our style. So instead of doing a complete remodel and tearing everything out, we decided to do a few upgrades.
Here are 10 tips to upgrade your bathroom plus some bathroom design ideas and free prints for your walls!
- FRESH PAINT! We wanted to brighten up the space, so we painted everything with a fresh white. I still may paint the top of our walls a light sand color, but for now, it’s clean and bright. I also love subtle mint greens, mist blues, and grey in bathrooms. Be sure to sample paint and go lighter than you think. In powder rooms, it’s fun to do bolder colors and wallpaper!
2. STATEMENT MIRROR. I was actually okay with the mirror on the wall, and Brian convinced me pretty quickly that it was easy to replace. Plus it gave us more space for a shelf and added dimension to the room with the tongue and groove wood panel accent wall behind. These mirrors are from Restoration Hardware, but I love the ones below from Anthropologie too for a romantic look.
3. KNOBS. I looked everywhere for pretty bronze knobs and came back to Anthropologie to purchase these. Similar ones are linked below.
4. LIGHTING! Lighting is key in your bathroom. We replaced the sconces with softer lighting and added a chandelier over the tub. I love chandeliers in bathrooms. If you have the space, it makes a world of a difference. If you don’t have space right now, you could add a pretty statement flushmount or sconce.
5. STORAGE. These shelves may be my favorite thing we added to this room. I also love the ones linked below!
6. VINTAGE PERFUME BOTTLES. You all know I’m friends with like twenty 80 year old grandmas on Etsy… I’m their best customer! I love checking Etsy every now and then for perfume bottles, jewelry boxes, and depression glass.
7. WALL ART. I had such a hard time committing to this… I don’t know why. I’m normally much better making suggestions than I am to committing to wall art. Last month I was jogging on the beach and captured these photos and thought they’d be perfect in here. If you want to print them too, HERE they are!
8. BASKETS. I throw all of Bella’s bath toys in a basket along with wash cloths, hair and beauty items, and more.
9. BEAUTY STORAGE. I am so guilty of messy drawers and counter-tops… seriously I’m so happy Brian is still married to me. It makes a huge difference to have drawer organizers and this pretty bronze makeup organizer on the counter.
10. SPA TOWELS. Roll those towels! It takes another 20 seconds to do, but it definitely elevates your bathroom. Take a look at the video for a quick how-to 🙂
Here’s a collection of all of my favorite bronze details for a bathroom! Some of our fixtures are from Restoration, but I actually like the mirrors below more 🙂
Can’t wait to see your rolled spa towels 🙂