Can you believe the holidays are almost here? (I can’t be the only one scrambling for family photos and wondering how we’ll pull it all together)
I’m so excited but, wow! I feel like I just had Colette and here I am staring at an almost 6-month-old while I write this post * a delicious 6-month-old that is *. I have so much to share with you, including her birth story, but for now it’s the more important things like pretty tablescapes and holiday cocktails.
In all seriousness, thank you for all your messages and love over the last 6 months. It’s been quite the chapter for our family and I’m looking forward to sharing more with you— the struggles, blessings, lessons, and beautiful moments in between. It just means so much to know we’re not alone in all of this.
Okay, you ready to decorate for the holidays? Here’s this year’s tablescape. I’m loving all things green. I also included last year’s table so you can pull inspiration from a couple different color schemes.
A special thank you to my girlfriend Tabitha, founder of The Pampas Mama for putting together the florals. And thank you Archive Rentals and Voluspa Candles for the stunning tableware. I definitely needed some extra hands this year with Colette- she joins us in the video!
For anyone in California, be sure to check out Archive Rentals for all of your events and occasions!
Here’s a quick checklist. Take inventory of what you have and then shop my favorite items below that can be used to recreate this look.
1. Chargers and Plates: This year I went with a beautiful reclaimed wood charger and a mixture of crystal plates. Each plate has a different ornate pattern, so each place setting is unique. I love Neiman Marcus or you can also collect a variety on Etsy.
2. Flatware: Here’s our gold flatware. Be sure that you hand wash it instead of using the dishwasher.
3. Cloth Napkins: These last so long and really complete the table setting! This year, Archive Rentals convinced me to add a beautiful gold napkin ring. If you want to get creative, spray paint your existing napkin rings to match the theme of your table.
4. Water Glasses, Champagne Flutes, and Wine Glasses: I shared my favorite glasses below- both traditional and modern that you can mix together. I’m also obsessed with shopping on Etsy for vintage Champagne Coupes and depression glass goblets.
5. Taper candle holders and candles: Add in a mixture of all different shapes, sizes, and heights. For candles, I usually order the tallest tapered option in 17-18 inches. They bring in a romantic ambiance and it allows you to burn all night long- perfect for holidays and dinner parties.
6. Tablerunner: I just order “Cheesecloth” from Amazon. It’s easy, affordable, gauzy, and romantic. It also ships quickly! I also found some fun color options below if you want to mix in an accent.
7. Centerpiece: Anything goes! Remember to keep it low so you and your guests can see each other. In past years for greenery, I loved a dried eucalyptus runner on Thanksgiving and fresh garland for Christmas. Mixing in touches of artichokes, cranberries, pomegranates, and even chestnuts really adds that extra touch. Just have fun with it!
8. Finishing touches: Place cards, gratitude notes on your guest’s plates, napkin rings, and a piece of greenery on their napkin. For place cards, I like to keep it simple. Write their name on a piece of paper and on the other side write why you’re thankful for them or 3 words to describe them. For Christmas, I loving buying clear ornaments and writing my guests name and the year with a gold pen. Take a trip to the craft store and get creative! (this is also super cute to do with your kids)
Create The Look
To check another look and style, here’s my last tablescape!