Spring is in the air and so is the need to freshen up our space. I love this change in seasons to tidy, de-clutter, and add a bright vibe to the house. Here’s what I’ve been doing to elevate my space and put myself in a fresh mindset for Spring… and baby girl’s arrival.
SPRING CLEANING AND SPRUCING
There’s nothing better than a classic spring cleaning! De-clutter, organize, deep clean, and get rid of those things that are taking up space and no longer serving a purpose. Easier said that done I know. Brian calls me a hoarder, but I just get super attached to things that I consider sentimental. I’m always thinking… ‘but what if I need this for a rainy day‘ or ‘what if Bella will want this shirt someday‘… I’m getting better though! Clean house, clear mind, fresh slate, and brighter summer!
- Clean out your closet: I like to go by this rule… if you haven’t worn it in the 2 years (maybe 1), then you won’t miss it. Time to donate those pieces to charity or resell! I of course struggle with this, but it helps to ask yourself if you really need it.
- Clean out your fridge/ pantry: Start from scratch. Take everything out of your fridge, wipe down the shelves and doors, and as you put items back in, throw out the old. I recently did this, but added bins and containers to store everything. I have a basket that is just for Bella’s snacks, one that holds cereals, and another that’s stored high up with cleaning supplies.
- Wash your makeup brushes: It’s so hard to remember to do this, but it feels amazing when we do. Just think about how much oil builds up on our brushes. I love these make-up mats that make the process so much easier.
- Deep clean the bathrooms: There’s nothing better than a clean shower and organized drawers. For a more natural method, I use apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Let that soak for about 30 minutes and then use a sturdy scrubbing brush. After you’re done, hang some eucalyptus from the shower head to give off aromatherapy the next time you’re in there!
Bonus: add in this Little Market eucalyptus candle to guest bathrooms to give off the spa vibes
IN WITH THE NEW… AND FRESH!
Take this opportunity to add something new to your space! Make your home your own sanctuary.
- New Towels: I love white towels to make your bathroom feel like a spa. We recently ordered a new set after having the same ones for a couple years and wow… I didn’t realize how much we needed them. Here are the towels we ordered. I also love picking up fresh seasonal dish towels from Homegoods and Target.
- Sheets: You’re going to be obsessed with these cream linen sheets from Brooklinen. They make your bed feel like a luxurious 5 star hotel. Add some fun spring pillows to brighten things up.
- New candles: Time for a fresh scent! I can’t get enough of Santal and Volcano scents!
- Fresh flowers: When I think of spring, I envision fresh flowers and vibrant plants. Pick up some blooms at the grocery store and some palms at home depot. I’ll do a whole post on the plants in our house next! It makes such a big difference bringing the outside in.
- Drinkware: I would say that one of my favorite things that I’ve been collecting over the years is unique champagne coupes, cocktail glasses, and cups. You can find some really fun ones on Etsy if you search ‘Depression Glass’. I just ordered these fluted glasses and they’re great or for iced coffee and smoothies. They’re plastic too, so perfect for outdoor entertaining… and toddlers!
+ Show Comments
- Hide Comments
Add a Comment